My annual message to suppliers, staff, and customers is clear – have a merry non-denominational seasonal festivity.
Another breathtaking fiscal year is almost over, and I’m blessed that my well -deserved bonus will be sumptuous, reflecting a year of extra-ordinary achievements; the culmination of extensive and rigorous debates with the Board, the executive remuneration committee and my personal legal representatives. Truly, the bucks stop with me.
Our tax strategies once again bore fruit; with new entities established in Panama, the Bahamas and Cayman Islands . Our cross-rate triage hedging bridge mezzanine exchange exposure tiered collateralised tranches are the envy of many enlightened companies. And our numerous ongoing “discussions” with taxation authorities are a source of pride.
Stoney Goose Ridge has won many national and international awards – just a few highlights
- Best social and new media campaign alignment strategies –Pure Blondette red wine- Thailand
- Best innovative adhesive wine packaging –Emoh Ruo– Hong Kong
- Platinum medallion for Pantone synergy wine labelling – Brosé – Venezuela
- Short-listed for brand segmentation data-mining -Chicago
- Best psychometric analytical personal development program (UK)
- Enormous traction with our SEO and SEM performance
- Record hits on my TED talk on “the China syndrome”
- Best new beverage brand performance (wine) – Chamsecco® – Venice
- Best new beverage brand performance (spirits) – The old Wood Duck – St Petersburg
- Best new beverage brand (beer) – Seasonable Smashable – Geelong
And most importantly,
- Record YOY sales uplift and EBITDA
- New export to Nigeria, Cambodia and Myanmar
- Record number of litigations initiated in numerous jurisdictions
- Record level of damages awarded and costs retrieved, for copyright, libel, and contract breaches.
- Record numbers of legal appeals in progress on technical grounds.
- Various medals in wine (and beer, and spirit) shows
- Record NPS scores, record brand recognition, recall – and brand financial valuation
- Recognition of several wines as “emerging cult wines”.
And there is naturally, our strong community support, evidenced by matters including
- Staff employed, and staff turnover
- GST and other unavoidable levies paid
- Tax relief, relocation allowances, export facilitation grants, royalty holidays, and other Government support that Stoney Goose Ridge has championed, and my charismatic networking mesmerisation has enabled
- Support to charities – through contra, and a proportion of donations noted as “anonymous”
But at Stoney Goose Ridge we don’t rest. Our staff commit fully- or else.
I give 120% of my intellectual prowess and expect no less from my underlings and minions.
We plan ahead; in 2018 expect new products, new markets, and new ventures (even a cookbook is in progress). On a personal note, I acknowledge I can’t do it all; the commitment of my hand-picked executive team (I steer, they row), the support of my family, the care from my agent, PA, personal lawyer, media team, stylist and biographer.
Lastly, the enduring love from our customers for Stoney Goose Ridge is our greatest achievement; whether its from people reaching for our most basic entry-level wines, or the more sophisticated drinkers persuaded by our omni-channel approach to savour our premium, ultra-premium, hyper-premium, icon, uber, mega-rare and our myriad of other lifestyle segmented brands.
I recognise that competition in my chosen industry is ferociously endemic; and there is jealousy at our raging logarithmic success; there are also extensive CV’s in our slush pile, from people desperate to join our ranks. One very senior executive in a major beverage concern noted his extensive and wide-ranging experience – but we’re not interested in a jackass of all trades; we recruit congruently to fill strategic key niches.
As a family oriented company, staff will recall that annual leave is inflicted by meddling regulators – make the most of it by seeking improvements in our logistics, contracts, brand performance and so on, and return fully refreshed for the marathon tasks that will be assigned, and your increased KPI BHAG challenges. My senses are hyper-alert to your actions, and any diminution in enthusiasm, output or innovation will be crushed with astonishing rigour. But my motivational mastery and incisive guidance will continue to inspire your performances.
Once again, congratulations to those that have had their contracts renewed for their contributions in 2017, and we set sail into the stratosphere of the nouveau calendar 2018.
Raise a glass to the growing domination of Stoney Goose Ridge!
Yours passionately, Hector”